Who is Miss. Bueckert

 Hello and welcome to my blog! I thought that it would be good for me to start out by introducing myself. I grew up on an acreage in Southern Manitoba. I went to Westpark School from kindergarten to grade twelve and graduated with high honors in 2014. I took two years off to work and save money to attend higher education. I am currently attending Brandon University to obtain my Bachelor of Education Degree with plans to become an early years teacher. My major is geography and minor is English. In my spare time I enjoy reading a good mystery novel, baking, going for a hike, and spending time with my friends and family. You will find a few pictures below. I love to learn and I want to pass on my love of learning to my students. As a classroom teacher it is my philosophy that every student in my class can learn. I take a strength based approach which uses students strengths in the classroom and recognizes weaknesses as challenges that can be overcome. I believe that the purpose of classroom management is to give every student a safe environment where they can learn and grow. I have referent authority in my classroom because I have knowledge that will help children learn in engaging and exciting ways. This will look like fun activities that still teach kids the essentials found in the Manitoba curriculum. I run a collaborative management classroom because I think that it is important for the students to have some say in how they learn. This allows me as the teacher to instill healthy learning values through activities but also gives students an opportunity to do activities geared toward their learning style. I also find value in outdoor learning opportunities. Lastly education allows students to interact with other students their own age to increase social skills and encourages pupils to learn both in and outside the classroom environment.    

My Family and I celebrating my High School Graduation


                               
Standing in front of the Education sign at BU




My kitten Sage and I. She brings me lots of joy during lockdown!



                                                                          


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Reflection on Successful Remote Learning, a presentation by Shannon and Chris from MB Education

Miss. Bueckert's Digital Identity and Footprint and a look at resources on Digital Identity